6th Form - Final Test
I. Find the odd word in each group:
1.dancing 2. music 3. invite
singing theatre visit
cooking driver stay
interesting sport arrange
reading collecting kind
4. polite 5. lawyer 6. niece
sociable writer cousin
creative librarian uncle
nurse clever aunt
responsible worker housewife (12 scores)
II. Distribute the words into four groups 1) School 2) Family 3) Holidays
lesson, celebration, break, study, sandwich, present, husband, sausage, wife, decorate, nephew, biscuits, picnic, birthday, son, mark, learn, daughter, eggs, invite, tradition.(21 scores)
III. Read the text and put in the missing words: clock, bed, party, sing, work, square, school, tree, holiday, send, streets, families.
In England on the 1st of January people dont go to 1)
and children dont go to 2)
, but New Years Day is not a big 3)
. Very many people go to 4)
before 12 oclock on New Years Eve. But some 5)
celebrate this evening at home. They organize a 6)
or a dance.
At 12 oclock in the night the young people go out into the 7)
. In London they go to Trafalgar 8)
. There they see a great 9)
brightly decorated with little lamps. The people of Norway 10)
a tree every year to the people of England.
When the largest 11)
in London Big Ben - begins to strike 12, the people in the square join hands and 12)
Auld Lang Syne. (12 scores)
Say if the sentences true or false according to the text above:
1. In England New Years Day is a big holiday.
2. On New Years Eve many people go to bed before 12 oclock.
3. At 12 oclock in the night the young people go out into the streets.
4. In London they go to Trafalgar street.
5. They can see a great monument decorated with little lamps.
6. The people of Norway send a tree every year to the people of England.
7. When Big Ben begins to strike 12, the people in the square join hands and dance Auld Lang Syne. (7 scores)
IV. Read the recipe of pancakes, put the instructions in the right order and translate:
1. Melt a little butter in a pan.
2. Mix the eggs into the flour and salt.
3. Eat it with jam or honey.
4. Cook it for a minute, then turn it over.
5. Slowly add the milk and mix it in.
6. Pour the mixture into the pan. (12 scores)
V. Read the story and choose the right form of the verbs:
1. I (have been / was) to so many interesting places in Britain!
2. The Tower of London, for example. They (build / built) it 900 years ago.
3. Look at the picture. My father (is taking / takes) part in the famous marathon in London.
4. It is not my first trip to Britain. I (visited / will visit) London and Edinburg two years ago.
5. My parents and I (came / come) to see the festival in Edinburg. They (do / will do) it nearly every year.
6. We (stayed / stay) in London only for five days. But we (are / were) going to Britain for a longer trip next summer.
7. My brother (has gone / went) to Britain last year. He (studies / is studying) biology at the University of Oxford.
8. My parents and I (visit / visited) him last year. I (have liked / liked) Oxford very much. (12 scores)
С. З. Часовщикова, МБОУ СОШ №1, г. Новосибирск